Inuunira : my story of survival / by Brian Koonoo.
- ISBN: 1772274305
- ISBN: 9781772274301
- Physical Description: 1 volume : illustrations (black and white, and colour), maps (colour) ; 25 cm
- Publisher: Iqaluit, Nunavut : Inhabit Media Inc., 2022.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
A hunter is born -- Into the tundra -- Lone survival -- Sanctuary -- Ongoing journey.
"In this harrowing survival story, Brian Koonoo takes off on a hunting trip in Canada's Arctic. After his snowmobile breaks down, his GPS loses signal, and his camping fuel runs low, Brian is left alone to survive for seven days. He experiences close encounters with planes, blizzards, and hunger, all while much of his gear is lost, and walking 60 kilometres in search of safety. He uses the knowledge his father and Elders taught him--modern and traditional means of navigation, finding water, making shelters, and keeping his spirits up--to continue on. This true tale of survival is presented in a journal style with illustrations, photos, and diagrams."-- Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject
Wilderness survival > Canada, Northern.
Survival > Canada, Northern.
Traditional ecological knowledge > Canada, Northern.
- 1 of 3 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Bethel Public Library.
- 0 current holds with 3 total copies.